Like 2 in every African woman may suffer from Fibroid during her child bearing age. You will not be entirely wrong if you say Fibroid is mostly an African disease.
Though science has not been able to find out the cause of Fibroid but Obese women are at a higher risk of suffering from the disease.
What are fibroids?
They are non cancerous but abnormal growths from the muscle layers of the womb. They can be as small as a bean or as large as a melon.
Some facts about Fibroids
- African women suffer mostly from fibroids
- A woman can have fibroids and still be pregnant
- Fibroids can prevent a woman from getting pregnant
- The possibility of having fibroid is more during pregnancy
- Fibroids are hereditary
- Certain fruits and vegetable reduce the chances of getting fibroids
- Women who had heavy, painful periods are at risk of suffering from Fibroids
- Fibroids can make a woman miscarry
- Fibroids can cause early death
- Fibroids cause constipation
How to know if you have fibroids
- Heavy or prolonged menstrual flow
- Pain in the lower abdomen and lower back
- increased urination
- pain during intercourse
- menstruation that lasts longer than usual
- pressure or fullness in your lower abdomen
- swelling or enlargement of the abdomen
- Abnormal bleeding between menstrual periods
Can fibroids be prevented?
watch out for more